As a writer/editor, I take a disciplined and linguistic approach to all English Language communication.
(The equation for purpose is by Richard Leider.)
Reinforcing the power of communication through writing and the academic study of English Language.
Over three and half years in literary fiction writing, brand development, and academic English Language studies. Writer/developer of a grammatical method and a grammatical process for writers/editors. HTML coding skills for eBook and web book production; print production skills for book cover and interior design.
Over fifteen years of administrative experience in the fields of healthcare, project management, and database development, which was used to provide advisory and corrective support relating to data issues and system improvements. Synthesized data into cohesive decision-making reporting.
Background and Experience
Professional Self-published Author / Social Media CoordinatorCareer development - Independent
Wrote two marketable manuscripts and published one as a literary work of fiction. Engaged in all aspects of the editing process and academic grammatical and literary studies. Translated the work into a brand with a demonstrated marketing plan that includes content development for and editing of own author website and third-party platforms.
- Advanced studies in grammar, linguistics, syntax and semantics, and narrative theory and devices to write and develop manuscripts and to perform structural edits and copy edits.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of HTML coding for website creation and eBook production.
- Project accomplishments: wrote and developed The Literary Editing Project (LEP), which focuses on key grammatical forms and grammatical functions that will help writers/editors execute not only good copy but also a grammatically accomplished literary manuscript. MCINTOSHFORMS™, which I also developed, is a grammatical method that is helmed by the established rules of grammar to help elevate the quality of one's literary writing. Together, MCINTOSHFORMS™ and the LEP formulate an approach to English grammar that would appeal to a writer/editor who wants to elevate the quality of his or her own writing.
- Marketing and promotion: Amazon Author Page; electronic press kit; Google Knowledge panel search result pages; blog, and social media sites: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube channel.
Administrative AssistantThe Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, ON
Supported eleven-member Patient-Care Management team, eight-member Department Head, Patient-Care Director, and Corporate Chief across two hospital sites through demonstrating responsibility for administrative, project, and data outcomes. Responsible for agenda preparation, attendance coordination, and minute-taking of 11 monthly, bi-weekly, and quarterly departmental committees and corporate meetings.
- Performed bi-weekly periodic productivity and utilization reports in MS Excel (PivotTables and PivotCharts) for corporate decision-making and budget maintenance for multiple cost centres. Validation of vendor payments and staff invoice reimbursement procedures per corporate review and approval policies. Integral requirement to maintain communication, and liaised internally and externally to schedule meetings and to complete and submit quarterly and annual funding reports. External bodies include Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) and Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). Responsible for bi-weekly payroll for clinical and administrative team.
- Special projects: developed a scheduling tool in MS Excel for Orthopaedics department head; digitized Operating Room (OR) data via setting-up electronic filing system and programming scanner; developed payroll and vacation request management tool in MS Outlook; developed patient-care units census productivity database in MS Access; performed preliminary vendor selection and RFP scoring process. Developed custom tools in MS Excel and MS Access to analyze raw data sets to monitor and meet funding targets in the following areas: OR utilization (surgical procedures start/finish times and count of patient procedures); patient length of stay; patient-care units productivity (i.e., bed allocation).
Dec 2013-Dec 2014
Project Administrator / Data Reporting AssociateSNC Lavalin O&M, Etobicoke, ON
Provided methodology-specific support to project managers in facilities management while coordinating and verifying vendor contracts, payments, and invoice correctness. Responsible for performing a broad variety of administrative support duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the project management team. Created efficiencies in information management systems by simplifying data-entry/retrieval processes, creating forms and spreadsheets, and collecting/compiling information.
- Developed portfolio’s fully functional end-user invoice management system in MS Access in tandem with organization’s in-house financial software (PeopleSoft) to consolidate, synchronize, and verify vendor progress draws in accordance with corporate policies and client methodology. Participated in a leadership role with senior and management to achieve effective and clever results according to client (federal government) methodologies and SOW, and corporate regulations.
Jul 2007-Dec 2013
MS Access Database DeveloperEntrepreneurial - freelance work
Creation and final deployment of fully functional database systems to automate business functions using Macros, SQL statements, and VBA functions. Production of user and technical documentation.
- Engaged senior level staff in software developmental methodology—analysis to review stage—in various industries, including health care, products and sales, bookkeeping, and case management.
- Applied advanced skills in the development of tables, queries, and forms.
Mar 2003-Jul 2007
Administrative AssistantSt. Bernadette’s Family Resource Centre, Toronto, ON
Responsible for single-person administrative support to thirty-plus employees and to board members.
- Responsibilities included proposal writing, bookkeeping, correspondence, merged mailings, brochure design, and unique special projects, including development of database system to invoice and report income for fee-based day programs and fundraisers. Managing and synchronizing head office operations with two satellite locations while providing fundamental support to one executive officer and a twelve-member board of directors through coordination of monthly meetings.
Jun 1998-Feb 2003