As a writer/editor, I take a disciplined and linguistic approach to all communication through English that is grammatical, syntactic, and semantic. And with a rigorous thought process, a critical probing mind, I have a relentless desire to rethink problems. I possess strong technical computer skills through over twenty years of administrative experience.
(The equation for purpose is by Richard Leider.)
Communication through grammatical, syntactic, semantic, and linguistic discipline.
- Demonstrated history synthesizing data into cohesive, decision-making reporting and creating data receptacles.
- Advanced skills in the entire Microsoft (MS) suite of applications.
- Strong ethic of work and behaviour; disposition for taking initiative.
- Proven corrective and advisory skills for improving data and systems.
- Methodical, systematic, and process-driven through communication.
- Additional advanced technical skills in Adobe Acrobat and Wordpress to design/format documents and manuscripts.
- eBook and web book design; print production and book interior design.
- Structural editing and copy editing.
- Video production and editing skills for marketing/social media campaigns.
- Social media content creation and navigation skills.
Background and Experience
Professional Self-published AuthorCareer development - Independent
Engaged in advanced studies in grammar, linguistics, narratology, and point of view to develop a literary work of fiction and pursue a career as a writer. Produced two marketable manuscripts, engaged in all aspects of the editing process, and demonstrated a marketing plan, including launch of own author website.
- Key accomplishments: wrote and developed The Literary Editing Project, which focuses on key syntactic functions that will help execute not only good copy but also a grammatically accomplished literary manuscript. MCINTOSHFORMS™, which is a grammatical method that I developed and that is helmed by the established rules of grammar to help elevate the quality of your literary writing, works in conjunction with The Literary Editing Project.
- Marketing and promotion: creation of an Amazon Author Page; an electronic press kit; a Google Knowledge panel search result pages; a blog; and social media sites: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube channel.
Administrative AssistantThe Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, ON
Supported 11-member Patient Care Management (PCM) team, 8-member Department Head, Patient Care Director, and Corporate Chief across two hospital sites through demonstrated responsibility for project and data outcomes, meeting agenda preparation, attendance coordination, and minute-taking of 11 monthly, bi-weekly and quarterly departmental committees, and corporate meetings.
- Took responsibility for bi-weekly and periodic productivity and utilization reports for corporate decision-making and budget maintenance for multiple cost centres using MS Excel PivotTable and PivotChart. Validated vendor payments and staff invoice reimbursement procedures per corporate review and approval policies. Maintained communication and liaised internally and externally to schedule meetings, complete and submit quarterly and annual funding reports. External bodies include Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) and Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). Performed bi-weekly payroll for clinical and administrative team.
- Special projects: Developed Orthopaedics scheduling tool (MS Excel) for department head; digitized operating room (OR) data via set-up of electronic filing system and programming of scanner; designed and developed payroll and vacation request management tool (MS Outlook); patient care units census productivity database system (MS Access); performed preliminary vendor selection and RFP scoring process. Developed custom tools using MS Excel and MS Access to analyze raw data sets to monitor and meet funding targets in the following areas: OR utilization (surgical procedures start/finish times and count of patient procedures); patient length of stay; patient care units productivity (i.e., bed allocation).
Dec 2013-Dec 2014
Project Administrator / Data Reporting AssociateSNC Lavalin O&M, Etobicoke, ON
Provided methodology-specific support to project managers in facilities management while coordinating and verifying vendor contracts, payments, and invoice correctness. Responsible for providing broad variety of administrative support duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the project management team, including creating efficiencies in information management systems, i.e., data-entry/retrieval, forms and spreadsheet development, collecting/compiling information.
- Developed portfolio’s fully functional end-user invoice management system (MS Access) in tandem with organization’s in-house financial software (PeopleSoft) to consolidate, synchronize, and verify vendor progress draws in accordance with corporate policies and client methodology. Participated in a leadership role with senior and management to achieve effective and clever results according to client (government) methodologies and SOW, and corporate regulations.
Jul 2007-Dec 2013
MS Access Database DeveloperEntrepreneurial - freelance work
Creation and final deployment of fully functional database systems to automate business functions using Macros, SQL statements and VBA functions. Production of user and technical documentation.
- Engaged senior level staff in software developmental methodology—analysis to review stage—in various industries, including health care, products and sales, bookkeeping and case management.
- Applied advanced skills in the development of tables, queries, and forms.
Mar 2003-Jul 2007
Administrative AssistantSt. Bernadette’s Family Resource Centre, Toronto, ON
Responsible for single-person administrative support to thirty-plus employees and board members.
- Responsibilities included proposal writing, bookkeeping, correspondence, merged mailings, brochure design, and unique special projects, including development of database system to invoice and report income for fee-based day programs and fundraisers. Managing and synchronizing head office operations with two satellite locations while providing fundamental support to one executive officer and a twelve-member board of directors through coordination of monthly meetings.
Jun 1998-Feb 2003